From Mike Eaton, Trainer, FT Norwell
Mike recently made a life style change that cut all meat products from his diet. As a result he has found some yummy vegetarian recipes that he is graciously sharing with the FT fans. Here is a quick and easy vegetarian recipe that you can prepare for your next meal.
- A can of Trader Joes Vegetarian Chili
- 2 jars of Trader Joes regular Salsa, mild, med or hot (your preference)
- 1 small can of tomato paste (add a little water if too thick)
- Half a bag of Trader Joes organic frozen corn
- 1 Jar chopped green chilis
- Add a variety of fresh veggies such as carrots, celery, summer/winter squash, sweet onion, celery, red, yellow or orange peppers.
Put all ingredients in a crock pot. Cook on high for 6-8 hours. If you want the meal faster, steam the veggies until slightly soft and then cook on high in the crock pot for 3 hours. Enjoy over a ½ cup of brown rice or serve with organic tortilla chips.