Recipe clipped from TheClothesMakeTheGirl
This recipe is super healthy, a Paleo –– no grains, no dairy, no sugar, no soy, no legumes –– version of pad Thai, which we all know is tasty but not friendly to our bodies.
Ingredients, per person
- 1 cup cooked spaghetti squash
- 1/2 cup snap peas, slivered
- 1/4 onion, sliced thin
- Grilled chicken thigh or breast, diced (whatever amount you usually eat)
- 1 egg, scrambled with 1 teaspoon coconut aminos (a soy sauce substitute)
- Coconut oil
- 1 batch sunshine sauce, minus the water
1. Heat some coconut oil in a pan over medium-high heat (I use about 1 teaspoon). Saute the onion and snap peas until crisp-tender, but not too long! Then set aside.
2. Heat a little more coconut oil in the pan. Pour in the egg, and let it spread out into pancake. Cook until the egg is set and beginning to brown. Then flip to lightly brown the other side. Cut the egg into strips and set aside.
3. Heat a little more coconut oil in the pan. Add the spaghetti squash, snap peas/onions, egg and chicken. Stir fry until heated through.
4. Add the sunshine sauce and stir fry until everything is well-blended and hot.
Top with any or all of these:
- Chopped cashews, almonds or sunflower seeds
- Chopped scallions
- Chopped cilantro
- A squeeze of lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Sunbutter
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon chili-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons water, as needed
- Pinch dried ginger
1. Blend all ingredients except water in a food processor or blender. Add water slowly until the sauce reaches your desired thickness.
Note: The organic Sunbutter contains ONLY roasted sunflowers seeds, so if you’re very committed to avoiding added sugars, go for the organic. The “natural” and “crunchy” versions list dehydrated cane juice among the ingredients, which means it’s got a little added sugar. There are several online sources for organic Sunbutter, if you want to be hard routine about it. Prices range from $5 to $9 per jar.
Fitness Together Studios aim toward a full 360 degree, meshing nutrition with exercise regimens. For more information and to find a Fitness Together Studio near you, please go to FTGetsResults.com