Challenge Yourself this Summer
The summer time is a great time period to step up your fitness game. Three or four months is a good stretch of time to commit yourself to achieving a new goal and you should see a real difference in your body, performance and your habits.
There are so many good reasons to use the summer time to challenge yourself. College students can surprise their classmates and friends that they won’t see all summer. It’s a great way to resist against all the bad cookout temptations. Maybe you want to look your best for a vacation you planned at the end of the summer or early fall. Again you can really make changes in 3 or 4 months if you push yourself.
Take one of these ideas to help you achieve your goals this summer:
- Schedule a road race for the end of the summer and start running consistently.
- Join a masters swim group.
- Create a walking/running group with other FT clients and/or trainers.
- Commit to training 1 extra session per week at FT for the entire summer.
- Join a summer sports league.
- Enter a sprint triathlon.
- Hike one of the local mountains.
- If you have a summer home near the water kayak when you are there on the weekends.
Give yourself an achievable goal to reach by September or October. Work with your trainer to come up with a specific plan to reach your new short term goal. Do a full fitness assessment (with photos) now and again at the end of the summer. If you’ve fully committed to your training plan you will see a big difference come the end of the summer.
Not an FT client and want to know more about our specialized fitness and wellness approach? Check out our studio list.