Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1/6th of recipe, 293 grams or a little over 1 cup)
- 2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup light soy milk
- ½ cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup Promise Take Control Light Margarine
- Commercial gravy, optional
Place potatoes in large saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and return potatoes to pan. Add in chick peas and mash using a potato masher. Add in soy milk, chicken broth, margarine, and seasonings and stir. Cook an additional two minutes until heated, stirring constantly. Serve warm. Top with commercial gravy if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (293 grams or a little over 1 cup):
Food Weight: 2.5, Calories: 255 , Fat: 5 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 751 mg, Carbohydrate: 46 g, Dietary Fiber: 5 g, Sugars: 3 g, Protein: 7 g.